2022 KPOA Annual Meeting
The Kensington Property Owners Association will hold its annual membership meeting by Zoom on Saturday May 21, 2022 at 10am.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84087072242
Speakers include: Richard Berkson, economic consultant to special districts to improve financial and economic plans, LAFCO (Local Agency Formation Commission) Executive Officer Lou Ann Texeira on special district reorganization proposals; wildfire evacuation planning and alerts with Battalion Chief Chase Beckman and Police Chief Mike Gancasz (plus updates on the departments operations, Red Flag Day parking regulations, and other security issues) and County Supervisor John Gioia on reorganization, public paths, tree ordinance and more. Q&A will follow each speaker.
Meeting timeline below video (it takes a minute to load)
- 2:00 Proposed County General Plan: Rezoning Kensington, Tree Ordinance Changes, Covid Restrictions, and Other Current Issues
- John Gioia, District 1 County Supervisor
- 18:22 Keynote: How Public Services Can Be Provided More Effectively in Special Districts
- 43:14 Lou Ann Texeira, Executive Officer, Contra Costa LAFCO (Local Agency Formation Commission)
- How LAFCO processes and evaluates proposals for reorganization of special districts
- 1:10:21 KPOA Recommendation on Unifying the Districts: Rob Firmin
- 1:13:35 Fire Department Wildfire Capabilities, Evacuation Planning, Citizen Preparation, and General Security for the Kensington Community
- Kensington Police Chief Mike Gancasz and Battalion Fire Chief Chase Beckman
An open Townhall on any topics the audience would like to address will be held following the speakers.